Reply To: Psychologica/Emotional Profile of Swimmers and USRPT

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Psychologica/Emotional Profile of Swimmers and USRPT Reply To: Psychologica/Emotional Profile of Swimmers and USRPT

oldschoolc
Participant

To all,
You have to remember that the system may not be for everyone, no system is. There are going to be kids that take to the responsibility, accept ownership and those that shrink from it. It’s going to happen and no matter how hard you try and the amount of effort you put in “you can’t save them all”. While we may see the logic and the simplicity of it, they don’t and for whatever reason won’t get it. I have kids in my program that just damn near refuse to acknowledge that how they perform in practice is what will happen in a meet (thankfully not many). No matter how many times I show them the correlations from practice times to race performance they just don’t get it.

I get and understand the frustration. I’ve had kids that are Junior National qualifiers say “I can’t do these speeds” not exactly what you want to hear. But you try your best to adjust and somehow make it work and sometime you stumble on to the adjustment and other times bad things happen. But if you been diligent in your record keeping you can show why some, not all things happened the way they did.

I know this is not what you want to hear.

I could go on with this for awhile.

Oldschool

"Only in America. Dream in red, white and blue"