Reply To: Sections/State Results

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Sections/State Results Reply To: Sections/State Results

Participant

Billratio,
Nice job my man!

Couple of things. As you know I don’t coach club any more (retired) and am the Director of Performance for a Div I program. I took the system that I used at the club and just transferred it to a college program (48 swimmers). Below are the results of our mid season shave meet. The meet had 2 Big 10 teams and we came in second on the men’s and third on the women’s.

10 Team records
10 Pool records (2 of which were held by an Olympian)
19 NCAA “B” cuts
The men won 20 out of 25 events.
92.87% LTB as a team and only 3 swims were not season best

The best they had done in 7 years!

On your 200s look at their average of 2, 3, & 4 and see if that’s closer to “n x 50 on 1:00”

Your 500 swimmers. Think about it you, tried to train her for 50s to 500, that’s like trying to train Bolt to run the mile and 100, that’s not going to happen. I’ll make a guess here and say her turn speeds slowed. Because the time you projected for her and what she went is really very small over a 500. We time from the last hand hit to foot touch and it needs to be at or under 1.00. (cheap speed)

I’ve attached some files from our Sprint group showing race splits to training for you to review.

This will probably not go over well on this website. But I will say it any way. Be very careful of input from master’s swimmers. An “n” of one is not very reliable.

Again great job!

Doc/oldschool

? I child proofed my house and they still get in 🙂

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.