Reply To: Just like I thought…

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Just like I thought… Reply To: Just like I thought…

Participant

Hi Doc. It seems like you are making USRPT work and I appreciate you sharing it. It is unfortunate that the forum seems to be on vacation. We have adapted what we are doing to USRPT 3 to 4 times a week and a “Dave Salo” type set (his stuff is public on other days). More USRPT than that and my swimmer (son) is depleted and can’t perform. I also don’t buy into no land work. If you have a large swimmer, they just can’t manage size without strength training in my opinion. Strength in the pool is relative to body weight.

Recent sets with USRPT has resulted in us pushing down times. It’s taken some time but the times are going down. The hardest thing was accepting that when the muscles are depleted you will have a bad day. We have to rest every 3rd or 4th day and this was determined from data. Matter of fact, my son said doing 5 days straight under a traditional program, he said he only had 1 or 2 good days a week. I wish we would have figured this out earlier.