Reply To: Difference in adaptation to USRPT between men and women

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Difference in adaptation to USRPT between men and women Reply To: Difference in adaptation to USRPT between men and women

Participant

Thanks for the reply Gary. Please don’t knock yourself, I am interested in any findings that coaches using USRPT have had with their swimmers, especially in regard to the title of my post ‘Difference in adaptation to USRPT between men and women’

It has been my experience in the last 30yrs that it is not just top coaches who have valuable insights and knowledge and to some extent age group, masters and high school/club coaches actually have a larger subject pool to comment on and are less elitist about discussing a topic sensibly. Especially a topic that many top coaches dismiss too readily in favour of OS out dated methods that tend to use the principle of ruin 1000 swimmers in order to find 1 champion.

Any way I am interested in any comments with regard to any possible differences between male and female swimmers and their adaptation to USRPT, that any of you have noticed. Hopefully Doc may decide to check out the forums as it would obviously be good to get his take on things and for me to hear what he has found on the physiological side of things.