Reply To: Recovery Cycle for single event training

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Recovery Cycle for single event training Reply To: Recovery Cycle for single event training

Participant

Hey Alan,

I’d say this depends on the swimmer (principle of individuality). If you have no trouble making your reps with only 24h between sets, by all means, do it. If you notice you fail very quickly with only 24h between sets, i’d day that set has no benefit and you should switch it up and leave more time between identical sets.

With my swimmers I don’t necessarily leave 36-38h between sets for the same event. But I usually leave 48h between identical sets for the same event (or due to week planning issues only once a week the same set with 24h in between).

If you only focus on the 1650 Free you still have plenty opportunity to mix it up. Do nx100 one day, nx200 the next, then work on speed and do some 50’s at a faster pace (200/400). I wouldn’t be scared to include some all out sprints too (15m-25m) and 100m pace work as nx25 (it’s aerobic!).

If you body cannot handle that you’ll simply fail quickly and you’ll know it’s time to rest 🙂 Good luck!