Reply To: additional thoughts on weight training for swimming

Home Forums General USRPT Topics additional thoughts on weight training for swimming Reply To: additional thoughts on weight training for swimming

Participant

Ryan,
Not trying to upset you. Your data on using stdev. is great and I like it. But I tend to think of the audience. Truthfully, most coaches aren’t going to take the time to learn and understand standard deviations and what it can tell them. i.e. technical skill or level of fitness, etc. or how to get EXCEL to do it for them. I can’t tell you the number of coaches I receive data from that can’t or don’t know how to format time in EXCEL or even use EXCEL (hint: YouTube). They’re busy, many with other jobs that actual pay the bills and coach for the love of the sport. I try and think how can I make it easier? help them be better and their swimmers. 1. Use the information they already have (i.e. splits or total time) without adding more than they are doing. 2. Understand what they have and 3. Maybe some ideas/thoughts on how to utilize it. The whole idea of the evolution of the system was “1 coach and 24 swimmers”

Enjoy the conversation. It makes me think and thanks for sharing.

Doc

? All that is not shared... is lost.