Reply To: Shorter rep distances to increase volume early in season

Home Forums Tips, Lessons Learned and Observations Shorter rep distances to increase volume early in season Reply To: Shorter rep distances to increase volume early in season

Participant

Ryan,
There is a lot of logic in your methodology. Have you tried using a Tempo Trainer? On setting 1 you can get the exact time for repeats. We use number of beeps for rest. example 1:1 would be 1 beep or 1:2 would be 2 beeps you get the idea. There is a new gadget on the market called “Firebelly”. Firebelly is kinda interesting in that it talks to you (may not want that when you’re about to puke :). You can set it up through an app (download is free) in your phone and download the parameters for the set to the Firebelly. It can give you time, cycles, turn speeds and tempo. I’ve used it for my distance kids and the feedback has been positive. I will say “it can be information overload” and found that about two metrics is about all they can handle for right now.

To mark distance. We use highway cones on the bottom of the pool for oddball distances and more so for LCM training. But it works also for SCY/SCM. At least the kids have a target to shoot for.

Just throwing it out there.
Doc

? I child proofed my house and they still get in 🙂