Newish to USRPT

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Newish to USRPT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emma1701
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am a 46yo female masters swimmer who leans more towards tho distance events, including 200 back and 400IM (despite being not good at fly or breaststroke!)

I did a little bit of USRPT at the end of 2014 but then joined a masters squad whose coach wasn’t a fan. Despite that, I made some good gains under that coach

Our squad has disbanded for six months while the pool undergoes repairs, so I am back to training solo. I have lost a bit of fitness over the last month or two, and am wondering if USRPT is the best approach to take now as I need to build up for the World Masters Games in April.

Any advice gratefully received. I can really only get to the pool four times a week as I work full-time and have four kids.

dmuecke
    Participant

Hello emma1701,
    I guess you know your interval times and that you’ve to swim race pace all the time.
    I’m not sure USRPT is the best approach for you but if you have a specific question this is the right forum.

Gary P
    Participant

“Best” approach? No one knows. An good approach? Absolutely can be, even for “distance” events. I’m roughly your age, and have recently used USRPT to effectively train for the 400/500 and even 1650 free. 4 days a week is sufficient, if not optimal, to make gains.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.