Swimming Science Newsletter – USRPT NOT just a system of conditioning

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Swimming Science Newsletter – USRPT NOT just a system of conditioning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GlennGruber
    Participant

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ad7a077a7bc9ee71e36912bc0&id=2943b04faf&e=6cb71002fd

The Swimming Science Newsletter is put out by Dr. G. John Mullen a PhD graduate of USC in physical therapy and exercise science. His website reviews much of the swimming research that is out there. The attached short piece talks about the three components of USRPT, not just the conditioning aspect.

Greg Tucker
    Participant

Hmmmmm. Sounds different than his earlier article.

Greg Tucker
    #USRPT

wordofmouth
    Participant

Not that much different. He has always maintained that technique and mental training are the two most important aspects of swimmer’s success. The emphasis he puts on the psychological part of training is a little surprising however. I have to admit that after reading the paper I felt like I was not doing enough on the mental side. Although I am probably doing it automatically as I talk to and encourage the swimmers during the sets, it’s just hard to have a systematic approach to psychological training.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.