Turn Times

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Turn Times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wordofmouth
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone has any good information on turn times.
    I try ( and am not always successful ) to do a fair amount of race pace turns, but I have
    not done a very good job of monitoring their turn times.
    I’m not sure if I should measure from the flags to the flags or measure from the last hand hit to the foot touch in the flips or hand touch to push off in the short axis turns etc.

Just curious what other people do and if anyone had any times that they aimed for.

Rick
    Participant

For free and back, I time them from the initial head movement initiating the turn (hopefully it’s down and not up) until the feet leave the wall. For fly and breast, I time first touch to feet leaving the wall.

We also time their underwater dolphins during practice. Between sets, we usually work our turn or underwater. For the underwater, they swim from the middle of the pool to the wall underwater and check their time. They then reverse it.

Since we usually have 3 sets at practice, I do 2 sets of turns and 1 set of underwaters.

Because of time constraints, I don’t have time to record these, but I do spot check. they are also responsible for establishing goal times for these. They monitor themselves. Since they need time to recover, we do these turns on 1 minute interval to allow for plenty of recovery.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.