Update

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KngLenny
    Participant

We had our 3rd dual meet last night and our biggest challenge of the season thus far competing against one of the top teams in the country. We lost the met but made them earn everything, we swam great. Highlights from my training group:

Top 2 sprinter women
    50-25.0, 25.2, best times 24.69, 24.90
    100-55.4, 56.0 best times 54high, 56.3 (54.2 relay)

Top 2 sprinter men
    50-21.9,22.5, best times 21.2, that 22.5 is his best time
    100 – 48.5, 50.1, best times 47high, 49mid

We had other great swims and only one swim from my group was not a season best. Something is working, though I have to believe that our USRPT transition isn’t complete, but they are adjusting and after last night they are finally starting to believe completely. Super pumped, thanks for all your help.

On a side note (pulling from another thread) I believe we would have had all best times if we were comparing apples to apples that is if we were in tech suits last night like all their best times are from

billratio
    Participant

That’s super exciting! I love hearing updates from people so keep them coming. I agree with you about the tech suits. I will be able to post results in two weeks after sections but I think tech suits and full rest is going to be close to two seconds for a 100. It will probably depend on the swimmer and what paces they have been holding in practice but I would feel very good about those results if I were you.

Keep it up.

"Most people have the will to win. Few have the will to prepare to win."

KngLenny
    Participant

Thanks bilratio.

Anyone ever run into the “Mundays?” Gave our kids Sat and Sun off after a great meet Friday night. Monday morning wakeup swim was good, but all aerobic and technique. This afternoon was wretched, I had a 50 set, 100 set and 200 set planned. We barreled through the 50 set and got a few 25’s into the 100, nobody ,add more than one, most and none. No paces changed, I shut it down and did ez swimming and technique for the rest of practice? Is this a common thing off 2 days rest or did they all have a great Halloween weekend?

billratio
    Participant

Mondays are the worst!!!!!! I tell myself I’m going to quit every single Monday. By the time Wednesday rolls around things are much better.

Just don’t let yourself freak out too much. Though I am freaking out at the moment and just told my wife that I quit. I know they will be fine. Today was much of the same. Maybe had 3 swimmers doing well out of 18. I need to find a way to eliminate Mondays in the future. Maybe Saturday practices.

KngLenny
    Participant

Good to know we aren’t the only ones! Thanks bilratio

Marlin
    Participant

This is normal. Mondays are about 25% bad and 75% mediocre for me. I have a good one every once in a while. I usually get a big improvement on wed and thurs from mon/tues. Friday and Saturday are usually a little bit better or match the performance on wed/thurs. Even if I rest all day Sunday, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, ect, it doesn’t make much difference on Monday. On the other hand, if you have an unhealthy weekend, it can really set you back. I’ve had some college style weekends occasionally while training. It takes 2 or 3 practices just to get back to where you were.

KngLenny
    Participant

Well we went from lights out last week to terrible this week. We were on the road against a team we were going to rout, but we had our worst swims of the year. I actually think it was a lack of focus, even though we told prepared them for what they would need to do mentally to swim fast. We were really fast yesterday and even went a little lighter, but today was really bad.

Couple of examples

Female 50/100 last week 25.0, 56.0, this week 26.6, 59.5
    Male 50/100 last week 21.9/48.5, this week 23.0, 51.8

Ouch!

billratio
    Participant

A lot of my swimmers swim slower against slower competition. Did you take a bigger rest before your good meet? Adding over 3 seconds in a 100 is pretty big. Not time to panic though.

KngLenny
    Participant

We didn’t mean to rest but we did end up with rest before our bigger meet. Our better meet was on a Friday so we went 3 hard/normal days plus we only did 2 sets on Thursday offering 50% of usual numbers. We usually train scm but always change to scy the day before a meet, so that week we enter 3 days plus one shorter. For the slow meet we went 4 hard/normal days and we added some harder sets, 50s at back 1/2 100 pace and 25s at 1St 50 100 pace. On Friday we did 2 sets yards, one at 75% and one at 50% usual numbers offered. The slower meet also had a 10 am start time after a bus ride while at the faster meet we were at home on a Friday night. I think a lot of factors played into our being slower, tougher training week, more practices, travel, meet time.

We have a tough meet this Saturday against a d1 program, should be a close meet and it is at home in the afternoon. I expect we will bounce back, we will see on Saturday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.