Reply To: U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long?

Home Forums General USRPT Topics U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long? Reply To: U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long?

billratio
Participant

Yes, that is very helpful. I am able to do it now. I have a couple other questions.

What data do you include when calculating this? Every single repeat or do you just put a certain number for each set you did throughout the season? Does that make sense? I’m assuming it’s a certain number for each day or that would be 1000s of numbers.

Do you include only recent data? What if they have improved on their sets significantly through the year? Doesn’t that mean you should only include the latest month of data for your predictions?

Do you ever see swimmers going faster than their mean by the standard deviation? I have a girl who’s average 25 for 100 back pace has been 16.36 throughout the year. Standard deviation of .38 would put that as slow as 1:06.9. Would it also work the other way and the race could end up as fast as 1:03.9? (This is based on pretty limited numbers. Still trying to get to the point where I can record everything for every swimmer).

"Most people have the will to win. Few have the will to prepare to win."