Reply To: U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long?

Home Forums General USRPT Topics U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long? Reply To: U.S. Question, is interval for 50yd repeat length for 500 free too long?

oldschoolc
Participant

I got to thinking about that myself that we kinda sent this thread off into a different direction. I should have started a new thread on “Theory and Methodology” Oh well.

4 x 25s are on 1:00, they are for the first 50 of 100
4 x 50s on 2:00, are for second 50 of 100 (forgot to include in first post)
6 x 50 are on 1:00, they are for 50s 2, 3, & 4 of 200. If you look at your race splits you should see that the first 50 is very close to the “50s on 2:00” average or the second 50 of 100.
100s, this gets interesting as they can be back half of 200 (which is what we normally see) or if you look at your 500 splits could be 100s 2 thru 5.

Calculating predictions: I will usually use an average of the test sets.

Recovery days: During the 1st phase where we are trying to accumulate as much potential as we can and allowing them to STOP when they can no longer hold pace recovery days are few and fall between. We’ll normally do three sets per work out. The distance kids because of the distance of the swims puts them into a very “gray” area of energy usage which is very fatiguing and you need to pay attention as a coach to this which is why I allow them days where they have no timed sets and easy swimming.

On the books: On Bompa that’s ok. At least you have an understanding of training and its methodology. And all that goes into human performance. Wait until you start reading “Supertraining”

I have attached some of the information I gave at the Fargo Clinic.

Best to you and your swimmers and hope this helps.

Oldschool

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

"Only in America. Dream in red, white and blue"