Reply To: Solid Olympic Trials for our "poster boy," Michael Andrew

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Solid Olympic Trials for our "poster boy," Michael Andrew Reply To: Solid Olympic Trials for our "poster boy," Michael Andrew

ljomccullough
Participant

Could not agree more! Honestly, even if this 17 year old does nothing more, he has certainly out performed a signifigant amount of swimmers who used traditional training during their careers. And what I thought most interesting was the back half of the 100 breast. I always hold my breath he doesn’t fade. Not only did he not fade, but he was reeling Cordes in a bit.
USA Swimming does a great job of marginalizing his performances but he has accomplished some great things in his short 17 year span. And you failed to mention the National Jr records and now WORLD Jr. Record he set at OT. So, yeah, if this training can produce even 1/1000 of those results for my high school swimmers, I’ll rish it! Because, honestly, it’s fun and it takes a great deal of intensity that is quite good in life skills department! I do miss creating workouts though.