Reply To: additional thoughts on weight training for swimming

Home Forums General USRPT Topics additional thoughts on weight training for swimming Reply To: additional thoughts on weight training for swimming

doc
Participant

Attached is a copy of % worksheet. This is for women and based off data of the top 3 in each event from 2016 NCAAs. I do have the 1650, it’s just it won’t fit on one page 🙂

I just load best time in the BOLDED outlined cell and it will generate splits and training paces for me. With the kids that have been in the program I’ll load mid-season goal speed in and we start to work.

The .985 is the “slack” so to speak. I give them off original/goal speed (they like to have some cushion) and with “unloading” we can cover that base. I went down that “rabbit hole” years ago with training pace was goal speed. If you can tolerate very low numbers made and spissed off swimmers have at it. I figured “discretion is the better part of valor” 🙂

In the past 2 years I gave them .97 and this year I cut it in half. So far the results are promising. It did take about 2 weeks longer for them to adjust to not having that “just little bit” extra. But have now settled in well.

Just throwing stuff out there. If anyone uses it fine, if not you won’t hurt my feelings.

Doc

? All that is not shared... is lost.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.