Preserve Previous Posts.

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Preserve Previous Posts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jjjust
    Participant

When I first discovered this forum. I found the Wealth of knowledge. Too much to remember, so here what I did and you should too!

GO thru each post in the site.
    Here are the steps to preserve each post you want to preserve as a reference for later studying.
    1. Once the post is determined to be important Slect the print button on your browser. (Using the right-click and you shoul dget the print button)
    2. Before Printing, Change the Destination to microsoft print to pdf.
    3. Now Click on Print
    4. Depending on your browser setup it will either ask you where to save the pdf. You can select where you want to save it. (I created a USRPTForum Folder and a Doc Folder.)
    5. If your browser does not ask you where to save, then it is saving it in your download folder.
    6. IMPORTANT TIP: If the article has more than one page, you will have to go to the next page and print that one separately.
    6. Now you can go to your folder and read all of the info and using the Highlight tool in Adobe Reader, you can highlight, the most important parts of each article.
    7. What I did after I had all the article is I went thru all The important stuff I need to study or will help with training and put it in a large txt document and highlighted the important stuff. It is currently 23 pages.

I uploaded a PDF file that I highlighted as an example.
    I hope this helps.

It sure would be nice if we some more activity on the site.

I am still trying to figure out how NOT to “Run the Speed” out of my swimmers as well as if I should train for 50’s, 100s & 200s on the same day.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    doc
    Participant

JJJust,
    Sorry for the late reply (computer problems). Thoughts on “training 50s, 100s, and 200s on the same day”. You could but you’ll need to be careful. I personally wouldn’t do it.

I’d pick the ONE PRIMARY for the day. i.e. 200fr/stk and the swimmer needs back 1/2 work so the 50s on 1:00 would be the first set n x whatever number they’re at. Looking for improvement in number made, the next set would/could be 50s on 2:00 for 1st 50 speed at 3/4 the number if the set were first. Then finish with 25s on 1:00 different stroke from 50s1 & 50s2.

Technical skill 8-10 minutes building speed of execution
    n x 50s1 free
    Technical skill 8-10 minutes reinforcing skills needed for the next set
    n x 50s2 free
    Technical skill 8-10 minutes reinforcing skills for the next set
    n x 25s1 back
    Technical skill with attention to regaining balance
    GO HOME!
    Hope this makes sense
    Doc

? All that is not shared... is lost.

jjjust
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Doc! I really appreciate it! It all makes sense.

My biggest worry is that my son has 2 more years, until college and I want to give him the best chance to have great times before he graduates.

My son feels like he should have faster times but his team’s 2 & 3 hour aerobic workout are not helping.

Current times are below. He really has not had any training or strategies given to him by any coach he has ever had for the 200’s, except, go out hard and sprint the 3rd fifty. I convinced him this week that a 200 is four 50’s. His best time for the 200 back is from over a year ago.

Current times
    50 back 25.86
    100 back 56.51
    200 Back 210.08
    50 free 23.32
    100 free 50.96
    200 free 1:53.94

If you’re okay with me asking you question via email, please email me at joejustin007@gmail.com. I would greatly appreciate it and I promise NOT to take advantage of it.

P.S. My son and I saw where one of your swimmers recently took a third at NCAA’s. My son’s comment was, Rowdy didn’t even mention your swimmer’s time, which was a great time in itself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.