Reply To: Training with a knee injury and warm water?

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Training with a knee injury and warm water? Reply To: Training with a knee injury and warm water?

Lonestar
Participant

Dr. Paul. I see where you are a Chiropractor in the post and pretty much supports the lay off depending on the injury. My 8 year old have complained about her knee during breaststroke and for a while had stopped swimming breaststroke. Being on USRPT, she is able to swim all other stroke and break records but only with the breaststroke feel pain.

Took her to the doctor and he stated that since the pain is activity specific and not constant he suspected the Vastus Medialis was not keeping the knee cap in place during the technical Breaststroke Kick. I believe breaststrokers are born not made (smile). He recommended she ride her bike with knees and toes forward to strengthen the Vastus Medialis and we did some band work to strengthen the muscles. She did limited breaststroke training and was able to swim a personal best afterwards. Is there any other exercise that can be added to strengthen the muscle and is this common with female swimmers?

From the little island of Jamaica