USRPT in a 33.3m pool

Home Forums General USRPT Topics USRPT in a 33.3m pool

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    swimstar
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have gotten back into competitive swimming after a 10 year break 2 years ago and have had quite some success on the masters circuit. I am 33 yo and train on my own in a 33.3m length pool. Over the past 2 years I have been training the same way that I did as a teen, but have noticed the greater emphasis on race pace training that goes on with age groupers and have incorporated it into my training. I put my success in doing lifetime PB’s as a 33 yo (54.00 100 free scm, 1.59.55 200 free lcm and 59. 57 100 fly lcm) down to the rp aspect of my training. I am sure I am capable of going quicker and USRPT has piqued my interest and I want to give it a go.

How would I adapt the repeat distances in USRPT to fit around such a length pool?

billratio
    Participant

I would pretty much do it the same way as you would with a 25m pool but it’s going to be much harder to train for 100s. See if you are able to hold 1/3 of your 100 time on repeat 33.3s for a decent amount of repeats @10-20 seconds rest. As long as you are swimming race pace it should work.

"Most people have the will to win. Few have the will to prepare to win."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.