Digital Pace Clock

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Digital Pace Clock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    billratio
    Participant

Does anyone have a recommendation on a clock that would make it easier for swimmers to track their times? I’d prefer a digital clock that you can just enter your number of repeats and interval into. One that counts up to the send off rather than down would be preferable. It would also be nice because then i could start doing 50s on intervals like :52 without getting super confusing.

"Most people have the will to win. Few have the will to prepare to win."

Greg McMullen
    Participant

If you happen to have a Daktronics scoreboard/timing system and Workout manager you can preload your workouts into that.

Not sure about any other timing systems.

drpaul
    Participant

Just wanting to get more info/opinions on this. We have the regular pace clocks and they are a little old & do not stay synced worth a crap so a digital clock feels like a must at this point

auswim
    Participant

Hey guys,
    new to the site and trying to catch up with all the discussions.

I use an app called giant timer running two old ipads. This enables me to sync the clocks up and makes it much easier to read times than the analog versions installed in most pools. It also makes it easier for the swimmers to keep track of their total repetitions as we start the clock at the beginning of the set so they know how long they have been swimming for and can back count if they lose count.

For the specific intervals there is a bunch of interval training apps I’ve looked at that work ok but personally I prefer my giant clock!

Cheers

lipearse
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m currently using My Pace Pal waterproof digital pace clocks. They can be manually synced and are easy to move around the pool.

My squad hasn’t had any problems with them so far.

See link below for more info:

Welcome to Pace Pal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.