Race Pace Charts

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Race Pace Charts

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Put together some race pace charts for general use. Found them to be very handy for the kids. Even smaller ones did well with them so long as they knew what their best times were! Enjoy!

Link to pace charts – http://goo.gl/F0X7lC

Also attached them to this post!

Regards –
    Rob

Rob

Denaj
    Keymaster

Thanks Rob! How much time did you put into creating that chart?

? P2Life - Performance Nutrition

drpaul
    Participant

Rob,

These are awesome!! I would have paid for them. Now I don’t have to look like an idiot doing the math in my head 🙂

Thanks a ton

Rob
    Participant

They took me about an hour to build and around 30 minutes to ‘debug’. More than willing to make updates/additions/revisions as needed. Any feedback is appreciated. Was going to add LCM too, but the turn differences in time, add some complexity I haven’t solved just yet.

Rob

DeeS47
    Participant

Thanks, much better than the chart I was using.

crmejean
    Participant

Am I missing something? Shouldn’t the goal times be faster than their best times? I have been setting my kids at a minimum of 98% of best times. When they make 75% of the repetitions, I have been dropping their targets. I thought I had read in one of Rushall’s papers to set targets at 93%, but that was just too demoralizing for one of my kids.

Andrew Alatorre
    Participant

Rob if you could make a LCM Race / SCM Training just because I know a lot of club’s train in SCM & well race in everything else including LCM

kevinayers
    Participant

Rob
    I would love the race pace charts in 25M if poss.

Evohunter7
    Participant

Thanks Rob, they’re great.

Here are the ones I’ve been using with my squads.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    YnotSwim
    Participant

Thanks for the charts. Question, mathematically, these are simply 1/2, 1/4, etc of a total time. Where does fatigue and technique breakdown come into play in USRPT?

Rob
    Participant

This is dictated by ‘evidence’. In USRPT training, if you cannot perform the set at the designated interval, this serves as the fail-safe of not performing when too fatigued and likely reinforcing bad mechanics in the name of making a time. Push to the point of failure and stop. We play it out where we have what we call “fail sets”, which means in our case that if you fail 3 times, the set ends for you. Example: 16 x 50’s on :50 and holding 200 pace (P200 with ~20 seconds of rest). We provide them with the time they need to hit and if they are more than .2 slow, that’s a failure. Goal is to make them all. A few do, many don’t.. Ultimately We build the number up to where many make it at that speed. Monthly/weekly meets serve to reset the goal. Mentally, it’s a switch.

Rob

YnotSwim
    Participant

This makes sense. Would love to see a cycle, week or however long a cycle in the training might look like for HS aged girls and boys. Having a sample of workouts for a period of time to compare to what I am already doing would assist me in transitioning my season plan. Any suggestions?

Rob
    Participant

I’ve updated the charts to span wider time ranges, fixed a few bugs, as well as accounting for SCM > LCM, SCY > LCM, LCM > LCM. I added a table on the charts that dictates turn time removal if you’re going from short to long… Only open item is going from LCM race to SCY pace. The issue lies with the difference added by turns that have to be taken out of the time before the time is converted from meters to yards. This time for the turns varies by the stroke, and as such, complicates things to the point of needing a separate chart per stroke when going from LCM race > SCY pace. I’ll keep noodling on it, but in the mean time, hope this is of good use for everyone! New charts are at the same link, or attached to this note.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rob

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.