Parametric Training

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Parametric Training

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjjust
    Participant

I am new here this is my second post. I have gone thru every post and I am ready to start training my son. He is 16 Years old, Freestyler/Backstroker. I have a couple of questions if someone can answer would be great! Using the sets and direction From Doc, so my question is it okay to use this training year round? are there other things I should add?
    The thing I don’t want to do is make him loose his power and speed.

As I have mentioned in my previous post the team he is on is strictly Traditional (most teams in our area do TT). Mad yardage, Even sprint days are aerobic.

We were able to get in a quick set to introduce him to the new training today (4 X 25 @1 Free, 4 X 50 @ 2 min, 4 X 25 @ 2:00). He did figure out the parameters. That is we need to go hard every time and Not keep pace at the no slower than.
    Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I had a walk thru with today with 3s and was disappointed. The training initially had our yardage at 50k a week, then after I was gasping for air, we changed it to 30k per week, with a similar regimen to traditional where we work towards the end of the sesaon.

Thanks! I look forward to any help!

jjjust
    Participant

The set we did we used last year’s times, we had 30 minutes once we got to the pool.

4 X 25 @1:00, 13.00 (first Half of 100/2) 13.0,12.50.12.33, 12.39
    4 X 50 @2:00, 27.00 (Last half of 100/2) 27.00, 26.44, 26.08, 25.37
    4 X 25 @2:00, 13.00 (closer to his goal time of 47.00) 12.22, 12.45, 11.96, 12.00

The last set of 25s @2:00 was supposed to be a set of 8, but we ran out of time. The plan right now is to Keep the same sets for a few weeks but increase the reps. We still need to do Back, Fly & Breast. It’s hard to find a pool where we can get more than an hour of time and some won’t let me in while he swims.

I noticed how hard my son was breathing yesterday and I asked him last night when was the last time you breathed like that at practice and he can’t remember when. He even told me that he was felling funny on the 50s…lol

I am super excited that we have found this training. He is liking it as well. He compares this to the type of sets Eddie Reese of Texas does. For the last 2 years he has been mentioning how Texas has the best workouts because of their sprint groups & Sets and how they suit up for some practices.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.