Where did that come from?

Home Forums General USRPT Topics Where did that come from?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oldschoolc
    Participant

2IM splits.

In USRPT where did the fly, back, breast and free splits come from? With regards to using USPRT sets.

Is the fly split 25s doubled? back, breast and free is that 50s with 20 seconds rest?

What do your race splits tell you?

"Only in America. Dream in red, white and blue"

billratio
    Participant

I only have decent data on two IMers. The backstroke was very close to repeat 50s(34 seconds rest). The freestyle was a little slower for one and pretty much right on for the other based on repeat 50s (27-29 seconds rest). I intend to bring those rest times down next year. We did some training of 50s for breaststroke but it was very little. Our 25s doubled were not even close to the breast leg though. Would have expected 38s but both went 42-43. Butterfly was a little faster than 25s doubled. My 100 flyer took her IM and her 100 fly out in about the same time (29.2 and 29.7? I think).

"Most people have the will to win. Few have the will to prepare to win."

oldschoolc
    Participant

Two works. There may be 4 or 5 other coaches that read this that have 2-3 IMers and now we have 10-12 kids with data. They just have to post it!

So a couple of SWAGs here; ba/fr probably on 1:00ish GOs? If I remember right you opened the interval for the br/flyers 25s to :40ish, so did you do your 50s br on 1:10-1:20?

25s don’t seem to correlate well with anything but fly. Every other stroke seems to be 50s. Not real sure why. Tried really tight rest intervals and long rest intervals and neither seem to work with regards to race splits.

25s fly see the same thing out in 100 fl 26.10 and 2IM 25.76 with training pace at 13.40, but if I minus the group avg for Stdev .35 puts him almost dead on. The girl was 100 fl 26.56 and 2IM 27.37 with training pace at 13.99, again minus Stdev and she’s 27.63, so it gets you close. Better to have some idea, then no idea at all 

Oldschool

"Only in America. Dream in red, white and blue"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.