Location and USRPT Status

Home Forums Location and USRPT Status

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Denaj
    Keymaster

Take a few seconds to share your location and your USRPT status. I’ll be the first to kick it off.

I’m in Nassau, Bahamas and I am running 100% on USRPT and getting substantial results.

? P2Life - Performance Nutrition

MSchuber
    Participant

Hi!

I’m Michael Schuber, and I am the assistant swimming coach for Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. I coached my sprint group here utilizing USRPT. I was very satisfied with the results, and I am looking forward to sharing all that I have learned, how to blend it with a strength and conditioning program, and improvements I am going to make for next season.

I'm proud of what we've done, but I know 5, 10, 20 years from now I'll wonder what we'd done had we done it 'right'

billyandchris
    Participant

My name is Billy Howard. I am the Head Coach at Med City Aquatics in Rochester, MN. We currently use USRPT sets, but have not fully integrated the program. I love the concept of USRPT, but still struggle with the no dryland, no drills, and no kick sets portion of the program. I also struggle with keeping the kids engaged if every day is basically the same. However, I do feel that USRPT is the future of our sport, and look for information and inspiration whenever possible.

This is The Screaming Viking! I have been transitioning my club to USRPT because why not?! I am the founder and head coach of the Killer Whales (JCKW-AR) in Joplin, Missouri. I am also experimenting with USRPT and dietary changes in my own swimming. It has been a fun ride so far. I am hoping to write about my experiences so far at http://www.swimbrief.net, but have just been to busy to tell the whole story. I am hoping for some great discussion here with coaches who are also on board with the science of race pace training.

I came into this world naked, toothless and screaming and that's exactly how I plan to go out.

dannymac5555

Hi Everyone!
    My name is Dan and I am an Assistant Coach at SUNY Cortland in New York.
    I have been throwing around the idea of USRPT and have been doing it myself as a Master’s swimmer.
    I would really love to implement this training with our sprinters and 100 Stokers in our program.
    So far I love the sets and the work.
    The no dryland gets to me, but I do weight training on my own and dryland every now and then.
    I am eager to learn more from everyone and am very open minded about everything!

lipearse
    Participant

Hi All,

My name is Lochie and I am based in Melbourne, Australia. I’m an accredited surf lifesaving coach and have been tremendously motivated by Rushall’s USRPT. I’m looking to start my own swim squad in the next 9 months implementing USRPT at the centre of my organisation.

Kris
    Participant

Hello

My name is Kris and I am a coach at a local swimming team in Belgium. We are looking for a new direction for our team and the USRPT looks promissing. I do hope to share some experiences with all of you.

Greg Tucker
    Participant

Hello everyone

I am Greg. I help coach a HS girls swim team in Boulder, CO. We used USRPT this year and were pleased with the results. Our girls love the program. I look to share our experiences and learn from others. In a separate thread I will start a question for the group on training for the IM. Let’s make this forum work. Best to all.

Greg Tucker
    #USRPT

Tfdm
    Participant

Hello
    Tim Morrison here. Chicago Illinois.
    Am a keen follower of USRPT.
    Coached swimming for 30yrs and was a collaborater of sorts with Dave Salo (High Intensity ‘guru’)…while he and I were exercise physiology students.
    I have a fitness business in Chicago the last 10 yrs and still work with swimmers.

wordofmouth
    Participant

Brad from NY.

Used the USRPT format last summer with some good results.
    Did a bit of a hybrid system this year. Results were decent but issues with pool time and attendance made the season less successful than it could have been.
    As someone alluded to before I think the biggest challenge is the lack of variety and predictability in the sets. I worked in more Salo type sets this season for that reason.
    Was that wise? I don’t know, but I think if you do it in a way that allows the swimmers to stay on pace or faster a little novelty can go a long way.

Tyloma
    Participant

Tyloma here,
    I am a 54 year old master swimmer. I’ve done the mega yardage back in the day. I love to compete but mentally I no longer have the endurance for the endurance.
    I came across USRPT from other master swimmer and it made sense to me. I weand into it over 3-4 weeks, and full USRPT methodology about 2 weeks. I am at a national championship in France this week for a first test. Even though I am new to this I feel more confident, eager to swim and less psyched-out.
    Results forth coming

Ty

cslee

Hi, I am a father to a 12-yo son who has been in the competitive swimming for the past 4 years, he joined the swimming squad of Penang Swimming Club, Malaysia and started training since 4 years ago. He trains at the average of 5-6 times a week with about one and a half hour per session. Lately just discovered that his racing results had stalled at the level he reached 2 years ago, it is kind of strange to me as I presume he is still growing to reach his first puberty. Then I came across this USRPT method, really keen to look into it as it may help my son to improve and most important of all, keep swimming!
    Thank you and nice meeting you all.

Racepace
    Participant

Bill from Bloomington, IL,

We went all in last high school season with our team. We are only a 2nd year program with only one boy who swims USA meets. The boys had a lot of questions, but I explained the science behind everything and we were set. We did break all of our school records from the year before, but that would have probably happened anyway. It was more work from a coaching viewpoint, but I don’t really consider it work. By all in, I do mean all in (no kick sets, no pulling, no paddles, no fins, no dryland) Just race pace sets and recovery kicking. We had 16 boys and usually had only 4 lanes to use. A usual practice consisted of two sets of race pace training until the 3 failure and two sets of skill work (turns or Double Leg kicking). We were usually done in 1.5 to 2 hours. For our recovery sets we just had the boys do social kicking with or without a board. I’ve been studying USRPT since mid-July and have read everything I can get my hands on.

Thanks for putting together this site.

ivandiezruiz

Hello everyone, my name is Ivan Diez, i´m one of the coaches of Granada Swimming Club in Spain. We are working with USRPT for one year. We are very satisfied with the results. We have made some changes to adapt it to our circumstances and culture. We are implementing some caracteristics of scientific evidence from studies about

SIT
    RST
    SMIT

We are very excited with the growth of the team since we change to an USRPT program based on.

We love specially the time for develope mental skills, the enviroment of hard work and the continuous high level of competition (this is a special difference with the traditional plans)

We are very happy to share our experience and learn about the experience of others working on usrpt.

You can follow our work on
    twitter: @nataciondelsur
    web: nataciondelsur.info / clubnataciongranada.blogspot.com

billyandchris
    Participant

Can I ask what SIT, RST, and SMIT stand for?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.